Copyright © sweet pea, pumpkin, peach
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, October 10, 2012

DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice & Spice Labels

I can tell it is Fall when I want everything to taste like pumpkin spice. Latte... Check. Costco muffins... Check. Another latte (or a few)... Check, check, check. Pumpkin Whoopie Pie? Ohhhh myyyy.

I will be making those here very soon, but seeing the ingredient list inspired me to make my own Pumpkin Pie Spice first. It is one of those spices that can trick you into thinking you need to pay the extra money for it, but chances are you already have all of the ingredients in your cupboard! Instead, take a couple of minutes to mix up your own and save your money for more crucial expenses... Pumpkin lattes, obviously.

Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe: 1 t. ground cinnamon, 1/4 t. ground nutmeg, 1/4 t. ground ginger, 1/8 t. ground cloves

I made a quadruple batch to get me through the holiday season (maybe) and stored it in one of my adored magnetic spice containers.
Trying to tell the difference between all of these brown-ish, red-ish ground spices also convinced me that it was time to finally label them. My labels were inspired by a similar project on A Beautiful Mess, one of my new found favorite blogs! I hope someday to have most of my spices stored like this - They are stylish, not to mention how much kitchen space they open up!


0 comments:

Post a Comment